Thursday 27 September 2012

A Beautiful Lady


I just received another exciting email from my ‘new cousin’, the lady in Auckland who I began communicating with recently, see August blog post: Garrett Family Bible?

Attached is a photo of a beautiful portrait of her 3g grandmother. It is my 4g grandmother, Charlotte CLAVELL nee BULLEY (c1786 - 1853).

Charlotte was married to Captain John CLAVELL (c1776 – 1846) who fought at the Battle of Trafalgar. Their daughters married Garrett brothers: Mary Charlotte CLAVELL married John Thomas GARRETT and her sister, Sarah Collingwood CLAVELL married Robert Birch GARRETT.

I’ll write some more in coming days/weeks – I was so excited to see this lovely photo, I just wanted to share it.




9 comments:

  1. What a treasure - no wonder you are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on you new blog!! My blog is one of the new ones today as well at geneabloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Welcome to Geneabloggers. Love this photo. (The Root Digger) yvetteportermoore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure indeed . And finding new relatives is also a great bonus .
    Your blog is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, I just found your blog on GeneaBloggers, and decided to come on over and take a look. I thoroughly identify with what you mentioned in your introduction on GeneaBloggers about using your blog to get in the habit of writing regularly. I've done the same thing, myself. I'm pretty sold on what author Malcolm Gladwell called the "ten thousand hours" in his book, Outliers...although, as far as my own blogging goes, I have at least eight thousand hours to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the wonderful welcome to geneabloggers. There are now so many blogs for me to read I'll have to work to keep focussed on writing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a photo of captain john clavell from a portrait if you are interested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in talking to you further, please email me: jackievb at optusnet dot com dot au
      Are you related?

      Delete